Not a travel guide obviously. More of a confession blog. I apologize for not posting much blogs lately, I’ve been seriously busy with My SEO and all that.
However, allow me to share a part of my personal life back in Manila during my College years.
Blog category: Factual Entertainment
1. One Rainy morning, I had to pretend I’m injured so I could enter Letran Manila’s Entrance gate in FLIP FLOPS, because I FORGOT TO BRING MY SCHOOL SHOES & I was late for my Dean’s class. 😅 (I had no choice but to be the best Artista to Manong Guard).
2. Wait in vain: Ondoy (a.k.a Bagyo ng Metro Manila na di makakalimutan) I had to put up with 8 hours sitting in the FX(another local means of transpo in manila) with strangers, not knowing what to do next, While getting stranded by the unstoppable flood on the streets of Coastal Road.
3. Run to reach the women’s section of MRT/ LRT station just so I could go home safe without getting harrased by random men commuters on the other side of the mixed section.
4. Slept at Mcdonalds ABSCBN, Mother Ignacia QC *buti nalang 24 hrs sila*: had to do this since the Star magic acting workshop ends on grave yard hours. (Met amazing people during this experience!)
5. Crossed the street while putting my lipstick on! Super power ko yan! This an actual activity in Manila for me, everybody’s busy no one cares what you do with your life. So I cross the street while putting make up on (Doing this when I’m darn late!)
6. Carried my high heels till I reach my spot at LRT seats. Again no one cares! I have to reach school before it’s 7 am. Takbo kung takbo!
7. 4 AM IS THE USUAL GISING NA LEV! Wala ka nang sasakyan mamaya!
8. Earphones are gems in disguise! They saved my life from quarelling couples inside the FX I’m in.
10. RENTED A TOURIST KALESA PARA MAKATAWID SA BAHA SA INTRA! (Intra-short for Intramuros) This is so true. No bluff.
Version 2: RENTED the pedicab From Manila City hall to Letran for 150 php so I can pass my homework on time.
11. Ate PANCIT CANTON for weeks. Just so I could save for my Christmas Gift to myself.
12. Left school at 5 arriving home at 11PM. Opo! Ganito ang traffic sa Manila. Ang saya saya!
13. Witness Frat War. 😳😟😱🤐 End of story.
14. Bumili ng leggings sa divisoria ng wala sa plano. Just because the University Guard changed his mind on his ways of being strict. 😂😂😂
15. “Pumasok kang Diyosa, Pag Uwi mo Mandirigma ka na.”-Kaye Ignacio (Truth has been spoken!)
Nevertheless, despite all the tragic and unwelcomed moments of my life as a student in Manila. This place has always been my home. So excited to be back this October for the #TBEXCON (Travel Blogger’s Exchange Conferrence) & stay at the place where I grew up, meet my long time friends once again, embrace the culture that I’ve always have imbibed.
Going home to Manila always brings out that Happy City Girl Spirit in me. This Side A song speaks the truth tho, I couldn’t agree more. ❤️
I walked the streets of San Francisco
I’ve tried the rides in Disneyland
Dated a million girls in Sydney
Somehow I feel like I don’t belong
Hinahanap-hanap kita Manila
Ang ingay mong kay sarap sa tenga
Mga Jeepney mong nagliliparan
Mga babae mong naggagandahan
Take me back in your arms Manila
And promise me you’ll never let go
Promise me you’ll never let go
Miss you like hell, Manila
No place in the world like Manila
I’m coming here to stay
Kinanta mo no?👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 haha!
The list above are extraordinary corcumstances which might have existed to measure our capacity to survive. I wrote this blog to remind most of us, not to easily give up, that life will always have it’s bitter side, it’s never always sugar & spice. But it’s never an excuse to loose track of your goals, keep fighting! Sooner you’ll be able to realize that everything has it’s reason.
Thank you so much for dropping by. Btw, I’m working on another project this week, I promise to update you guys more! Keep safe everyone! And keep Hugging Horizons!
Ps. You can now Download my articles at GPSMYCITY app at iTunes and Google play!
LEVY ANNE AMOSIN