Packing Tips for Rainy Season
The rain or the monsoon season should never stop you from having fun. Most places in the world are way more beautiful during the rainy season. Again the Wet season should not stop anyone from traveling and having fun. With that being said, today I am blogging about the Packing tips for rainy season.
The following are the most Recommended things to bring when traveling on rainy days or during the monsoon season.
Be Low Maintenance
(c) More travel Photos at my instagram acct: AnneTours
- Straight Leg Pants– These kind of pants creases fall out easily after hanging.
- Quick Dry Shirt – You can easily rinse in the sink and you’ll be good to go in the morning! More perks? it’s wrinkle free + it’s very light to bring.
- Hybrid board Shorts– Removable Compression Briefs wick moisture and prevents chaffing.
Source: Mimi Lombardo (Fashion Director)
Don’t let the rain ruin your fashion sense, instead use this weather to standout among the rest.
- Cute Umbrella: This can be an accessory. *buy cheap and adorable umbrella and flaunt them out on rainy days.
- Add color: Don’t be scared to wear something bright and fun on a rainy day.
- Classy Trench Coat : I know, most fashionistas can relate, it’s that time of the year (If your from a topical country of course!) .Finally you’ll have the reason to flaunt that Classy trench coat.
(More travel Photos at my instagram acct: annetours)
If you’re traveling during rainy season, one should learn how to dress appropriately with the weather. Leave those fashion shoes at home instead try the following options:
- “Water proof shoes”- This is an option. However, bringing and wearing boots weighs too much.
- Sandals- Bringing Sandals will save you a lot from those heavy foot wear. As long as you keep these sandals out of serious flood then your good to go and you’ll do fine. In cases of heavy rain, just dry your feet when you reach your hotel room.
*Tip: Don’t walk outdoors in your sandals if you have open wounds, that like asking for serious trouble.
More Packing Tip Essentials
- Silica Gel– Anticipate these facts when traveling on rainy days, you’ll find your bag contents damp and mushy in the humidity of the monsoon season. *Tip: For my fellow travel bloggers and travelers your electronics and camera equipment are particularly vulnerable to the high moisture content in the air. Yo can always fight humidity in your luggage with packs of silica gel. The silica gel sucks up ambient moisture and keep your internal bag dry even in high humidity.
- Plastic Bag- As you travel, plastic bags are very useful in isolating wet clothes from dry ones. Wrap your clothes, documents and electronics in them, and pack in your luggage to keep them dry. Doing this will make you feel more safe and comfortable even when the rain gets heavier than expected.
What do you usually wear on rainy days?
Those listed above were some of my ideas for packing and tips this monsoon season. I’m sure you guys have better thoughts on what to wear and bring when the weather is bad! If you think I missed something, feel free to email me your suggestions or simply comment them below.
I’m curious what do you guys usually wear on rainy days? Do you normally dress in dark colors or do you make an effort to brighten up the day with your outfit?
Keep Safe everyone! Happy travels!
LEVY ANNE AMOSIN